St Andrew's Church
210 Old Bakery Street,
service each Sunday 10.30 am,
+ 356 21415465
Minister: Rev Betsi Thane (from 1 March 2020)
The church stands on the site of the first non-Roman Catholic church to be opened in Malta. This was a Methodist church opened in 1824 by Rev John Keeling. The present building was built largely by the efforts of a Church of Scotland minister, Rev Dr George Wiseley, and was opened in 1857. Dr Wiseley was minister of St Andrews and Presbyterian chaplain to the Forces in Malta from 1854 to 1914. Today St Andrews is a Local Ecumenical Partnership between The Church of Scotland and The Methodist Church.